We invite all interested scholars to submit proposals for panels dealing with The Dark Side of Organizational Socialization. We welcome conceptual as well as empirical work with the aim of exploring, analyzing, problematizing and critiquing perspectives such as, but not limited to:
Realizations & materializations:
How is organizational socialization constituted in, say,
- texts * interactions
- practices and routines
- cultures and performances
- Minds and mindsets
- Material bodies, architectures, and objects
- Space and time
How is organizational socialization justified as, say,
- a function of corporate ideology, of business philosophy
- aligned with the organization’s vision, mission and values
- a natural outgrowth of managerialism
- the means with which to ensure a dedicated workforce
- the means with which to ensure a uniform organizational culture
How does organizational socialization potentially influence, say,
- the individual organizational member’s identity formation and organizational identification
- employee voice and participation
- individuals’ attempts at individualization
- newcomers’ strategies for establishing a presence in the organization
- the relationship between co-workers
- the work-life balance of organizational members
- relations between organizations and their societies
- mechanisms of unobtrusive control
- dissensus, resistance, or micro-politics
- competing identitities “within” the organization/ sub-cultures etc.
Panel proposals should not exceed 600 words and should include title of panel, the panel’s main research agenda / problem, a short description of each panelist’s topic and how these topics are integrated within the panel with a view to addressing the research agenda / problem in question.
Please ensure that your panel proposal is anonymized by removing all features from the text as well as from the document properties that may help identify you as the author of the text. For references to your own work in the reference list, please use ‘author’.
Panels have a duration of 45 minutes + 15 min discussion. The conference language is English.
Deadline for submission of panel proposals is 15th may. Notification of acceptance is due in early June of 2021.
Please click on the Easy Chair Quick Guide below for instructions on submitting a panel proposal or a paper abstract.