This masterclass on game oriented learning designs invites graduate students in learning designs, serious games, ICT, media studies, education, game studies and related areas to discuss and explore Game Oriented Learning Designs.
The masterclass takes as outset a number of movements in the field:
New types of game designs: simulations, gamification, game design, pervasive games, ect.
- Pedagogies: game facilitation, educational redesign of commercial games, dialogue oriented gaming, game-oriented learning ecologies, goals and activities, complex systems thinking.
- Theories: theories of learning, play, game and design.
- Methodologies: Virtual methods, DBR within TEL, empirical methodologies, design methodologies
- Multiple contexts/domains: games in private organisations, games in semi-formal learning spaces (museums, libraries etc.), games in higher education, workplace learning and game-oriented learning in schools
- Assessment: embedded assessment, learning analytics, qualitative versus quantitative assessment, and learning outcomes on an organisational level
Papers to the Masterclass follows the usual submission and review procedure for the conference but please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you will participate.